Monday, October 16, 2017

Why Blog?


    Seth Godin describes blogging as a way to “force yourself to explain why you did something by responding out loud.” I started blogging this summer as a way to reflect on my teaching experiences.  I have never been a writer so blogging has been a great way to extract my beliefs and thoughts into words.  My Teaching Blueprint has enabled me to share my thoughts and voice with whomever cares to listen.  This blog was started because I needed a way to express my “Why” for teaching.  Having this blog has helped me recognize that my voice matters and is significant.  I now believe that we must use our voice to reflect and motivate those who happen to read our conversations.  That’s why sharing our ePortfolios with our classmates/peers is such a powerful opportunity for us to grow and learn from each other.  We are not alone in education.  Sharing our experiences through collaboration allows us to receive feedback that can strengthen our appetite to succeed.


I. (2009, April 18). Seth Godin & Tom Peters on blogging. Retrieved October     16, 2017, from   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=livzJTIWlmY



No comments:

Post a Comment